Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index OUT OF COUNCIL CAMPING LOCATIONS, UNDER 250 MILES Tannehill State Park (McCalla, AL)

Trade Days at Tannehill State Park - A Good Campout

Located in McCalla, AL, this area is 1,500 acres of hiking, exhibits, and great scenery. Cabin and tent camping are available. Check the info inside for contact and fee information.

Trade Days at Tannehill State Park - A Good Campout

Postby AllenMcB » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:06 am

Troop 45 went to Tannehill State Park and camped this past weekend.
We set up in what the camp manager calls his "cornfield". It's a large open field at the end of the RV camping loop. It's also right across the creek from the Trade Days activities.
We had water access about 50 yards from camp, and a key to the bath house, so we were in high cotton.
The cost was a little over $60 for 15 people to camp one night.
Trade Days goes on once weekend a month from spring through November. Think in terms of a really big flea market, spread out in a looping pattern. The walkways are paved roads, and they have everything from antique stuff to new Chinese stuff.
Just as an idea, I picked up two nice, older whetstones for $7.50 total, and an older kerosene lamp for $2. I also passed by a lot of stuff without looking at it. Picked up a nice, new hickory pick ax handle for $5. (Yes, I actually have a broken one I need to repair. :D )
Allen ><>
Watonala Webmaster
AllenMcB
WebMaster
WebMaster

Return to Tannehill State Park (McCalla, AL)