Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index BEFORE YOU GO Things You Should Know

When do I need to get a tour permit?

Some trips are easier to do than others. Some require special equipment, some require almost no equipment. Some trips require a Tour Permit. Look in this area for all that good information.

When do I need to get a tour permit?

Postby AllenMcB » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:57 pm

The Scoutmaster's Handbook specifies that if a unit travels out of their home county, they need to get a tour permit.

Trips or events inside a unit's home county do not require a tour permit; however, getting a tour permit, even for in-county trips, is not a bad idea. Not required, but not a bad idea.

Some camps require the unit leader to produce the tour permit when the unit checks in, so make sure a paper copy of your tour permit is with you when you travel.

If you are traveling within 500 miles of your unit's home address, you need what is called a "local" tour permit.

If you traveling more than 500 miles from your unit's home address, you will need to apply for a "national" tour permit.

Both forms of tour permit can be started from the RESOURCES section of the council website, www.Pushmataha.Org.

If you file your tour permit online (which is the best way to do it), you'll get the approval notice, and a copy you can download and print, within a few minutes of the council office giving it their approval.
Allen ><>
Watonala Webmaster
User avatar
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Pushmataha Area Council

Return to Things You Should Know

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest